Monday, October 10, 2005

Child-like Excitement

Xiaoting is really like a little kid! She kept whining about not knowing what to study and how she didn’t manage to get her Jap magazine from Kinokuniya. In the middle of it, she was so excited about her Japanese idols, kept singing their praises and sent me 4 of their songs. Finally convinced her to study in the end.

It is amazing how God can use this seemingly time-wasting msn conversation to speak to me about something. During my bath just now, it just dawn on me and reminded me about our excitement for God. Xiaoting’s excitement to share about her Jap idols was so strong and vigorous, though I don’t even have a clue who they are. She was practically screaming in the conversation.
God impressed upon me: Why don’t I seem that excited about God, excited to share the gospel to the rest around me? I know I can’t possibly be going around screaming and shouting about Jesus at this point of my life, but do I have the desire? We tend to proclaim the things of the world that we like aloud with eagerness in sharing out interest and likes. But when it comes to Christ, even if we do it, it is rather subtle. Is it because that religion is a sensitive and touchy issue that we dare not voice out? Yes, but we must not let this hinder us from bring others to know Christ. As long as we have the desire in us, definitely there will be other ways to share about Him.
Lord increase in me the desire for your great commission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home