Friday, April 07, 2006

Growth Points 1

Why am so easily affected by negative things that happen to me in camp? Extra duties, work stress, people-pressure... It is normal for one to be affected, but yet what will my response to it be? Will I be like a boat tossed around in the ocean? Like one who doesn't have an anchor?

No, this must not be.
Lord my strength is in You. You are my rock. You are my fortress. You are my refuge.
Help me to find peace in You in the midst of adversity and discouragement.

Psalms 23:
1The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me


Father, also help me to learn to trust in you no matter what may come. All these happened for a reason, that I may grow in character & stature.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


I may be inadequate, but God annoints me to lead His flock.
Drawing a parrallel, the SAF gives me authority over the rest of my branch. Though I am younger & less experienced than some of my colleagues in branch, I am appointed to be the admin supervisor. It is time that I take responsibility of this appointment. It won't be easy, I dont have the rank, and domineering colleagues & deep-seated 1st impressions exist. Still, I will try.

Lord, help me in this, to lead with your Spirit living in me. Not only within the walls of the Church, but also in my camp & my sphere of influence. Annoint me Father, for You have called me to be victorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home