Sunday, December 25, 2005

A Christmas to remember

This Christmas is one that is really memorable.

1st of all, this is the 1st time I made an effort to write personal cards to more than 30 over people, all within the span of 1 day. (Really sorry if you didn't receive one from me, there are many others whom I want to write to too, but I really had no time with my packed schedule.)

On the night of 23rd Dec, I went to visit my cousins at their house, spent the night there. Came back home early next morning to continue the Christmas cards. Left for church service which is at 12.30pm. The drama was really great, jinqi really looked like a kopi auntie. And xiangyu did a very moving performance, her tears were real, so were some of the audiences'. After service at starhub, a myriad of cards and presents were flying around. Joel, who just joined us recently, was pleasantly surprise, that he received quite a few gifts. I received quite a few cards and presents, some quite unexpected like from Dan & Elise. Then there are also presents that I didn't know who was it from like a box of ferrero rochers(Anyone?). Next time remember to write name on your presents. hahaz
The most memorable present however was from jiehui, who gave me a Christian keychain with my name engraved. Thanks alot everyone!

Then after that I went home for family BBQ with my mum's relatives. Mingled awhile, then I left to find AOC in ECP. This is the highlight. I've never spent Christmas at ECP before, we dont have a chalet, just 1 of the shelters. We rented bikes over night. I cycled alot, for fun, as well as ferrying people to and fro on double bike. Played quite alot of great games like ultimate frisbee, table soccer and 2 war games. Thank you game masters for organising them!
I managed to get some personal time with hongmun, cycling all the way to Bedok jetty, hanging around there to chat for quite awhile.
Time really flew, soon we were playing our last war game at about 4am. It involved the use of candles and many ppl including me, got waxed. The wind became really strong in the middle and we had to abandoned the game.
It started to rain real soon and we all went under the shelter. The wind was really strong, the type that will chill you to your bone. Everyone huddled together in the shelter. The rain, though spoilt our game, help us bond closer to each other. We got to know each other much better, interacting and seeing to the physical needs of others(offering our jackets, extra shirts, etc). Everyone came out cold and wet, but our friendship was warmed and glowing.
AOC has moved up another notch. This community of God is growing. Daniel should be glad. :)

The true meaning of Christmas is found in the verse that's so common, yet so deep:
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Christmas is not about santa claus, the fun or the lightings. It is about God's amazing Grace and his great Love for us. For us to be reconciled to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home