Friday, December 02, 2005

Fatigue Work

Fatigue work. As the phrase suggests is work that makes you feel fatigue.
I did fatigue work(painting the car park in my camp) last friday evening all the way past 10pm. It was no easy task, my back hurt from bending and my hands were full of paint thereafter.
Well how I got this task, is a long story, but I really have alot to thank God for. To shorten the long story:
I seemed to be picked on by my company sergeant major(CSM) last week. One of my campmates made a comment that "I've done something bad or I've not been praying enough." At this point in time, I could identify with Job completely, about how negative things still happen to those who walk with God. I thank God for the book of Job. This is not so much of a testing for me, but about valuing the Bible even more, that the Word of God is always useful, through vast timespan, the Word endures forever.
I had to do 3 extra tasks at 1st on 3 consecutive saturdays, but by God's grace, after speaking to him and justifying my case, my CSM reduce it to 1. Though I felt that I did not deserved any, I just took it, rather than blowing up the matter, which may not be to my advantage.
Fortunately, I managed to arranged to do it that friday instead, so that it will not clash with saturday's service. Another thing to thank God for.
A few others who also had extra tasks do were grumbling and hurling vulgarities, cursing and swearing at my CSM. Then one of my peers commented "you are damn calm & peaceful." It made me realise the attitude of difference that the Holy Spirit has given me. As much as I did not like painting the carpark, there is this peace and assurance that only Jesus can give.
The sky became overcast while we were painting and after awhile, it started to rain. I began to prayed and ask God to delay the rain, that our labour would not be in vain. The clouds began to dispersed and the rain became a drizzle and stopped. Praise God! I'm reminded once again that, I'm not doing things by my own strength, but with His grace and divine authority.
Last but not the least, after completing all and sharing a cab home, I realise that though it was a tedious task, valuable time was spent with my fellow colleagues and stronger bonds were forged.
God, thank you once again for your continual presence in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home