Sunday, November 20, 2005

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs


General Paper students take note! This is useful for your GP. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

I'm not going to expound on what it is, details of it abound the internet.
This was something I learned in my JC years, but has return to me once again, at a deeper level when self-fulfillment was mentioned during Central F seed meeting.

Self-Actualisation VS Serving God.
This hit me very strongly. Are we using the church for our own self-fulfilment? It is a thin line between using the church to achieve self-fulfilment and being fulfilled when serving God. It is a subtle difference, yet has major consequences to your spiritual health.
That is why as Christians, we must never aim towards self actualisation, but a higher level of self-transcendence. Not merely looking at ourselves, but having the heart of a servant of Christ & being the Almighty's beloved child simultaneously.

Check your heart motives today.
Which one are you?
I pray that I'll never fall into desiring for just self-actualisation, but transcendence.
I am here to serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home