Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Dying to die.

Ecc 7:10 Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Ecc 9:7a Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do.

Ecc 3:22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?

Past, present, future. A verse for each. God favoured the present.

Man is never contented. We moan about the present, dying to savour the future. When the present becomes past, we reminisce about the "good old days", and complain about the now present. It is a vicious cycle that can suck the joy out of you, that can make you be unthankful for the situations you are in.

PSLE
'O' Levels
'A' Levels
Teaching Stint
and now, NS.
How true isn't it? I've always wanted for my exams to be over, and now I say that I prefer studying and teaching, and I look forward to university. But when it comes who knows? Perhaps I'll be dying to get over studying again. Are we always dying to get on with another stage in life that at the end of our lives, we will realise that we have never really lived?

No, no longer will I be dying.
I will keep the fond memories of the past, looking forward to the future, yet living out the present, giving thanks for each day.

Happiness depends on happenings, but true joy comes from Jesus.
Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Time to exercise, a swim with jiehui later, and tonight Sound of Paradise concert with tryphena and jean. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home