Friday, October 28, 2005

Sim Card exchanged & more

Went to camp early in the morning at 7.20am , settled some stuff and left at 10am plus, for my medical appointment at TTSH. I arrived 15min earlier than my appointment time, but ended up waiting 1 hour and 20 min past my appointment time before I was able to see the doctor, for only 5min. The service for subsidised patients at TTSH is really poor. A frustrated woman went into the consultation room and shouted... Got some medication and a report of my allergy test, going to pass to my medical officer on Monday, hopefully he'll let me stay out.

Lunch time, wanted to eat, but decided to fast longer. Went to exchange my simcard, was forced to report lost instead to get a new one because exchanging a spoilt simcard need to pay $18. Then the staff said that my father had to be there just to get a new simcard, doesn't make much sense right? I managed to convinced them that I am the subscriber's son and got a new card, but i still have to fax in my dad's nric, or they'll cut off my line. I'm not even cancelling or subscribing to anything new... Singtel has really weird and redundant policies, that need to be fixed.
Finally broke fast 2pm plus, had a $8 BK meal, ate a mushroom swiss and a lamb burger.

I watched a documentary in the evening, about how a guy was paralysed after an accident and how he learned to live life again. I was particularly touched, by the part about how he came to know Christ and had a new meaning in life. He even mentioned God's healing power, that his neck was straightened after his water baptism. God is real, He isn't a figment of one's imagination.
I realised how fortunate I am to be able to serve God, with this physical body of mine. Definitely, there will be times of doubt, but I pray that I will always choose to walk His way.
I want to look to You always, not only in times of trouble. I want to bring revival to those around.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!! What documentary was that? Was it from TV? Yes it sounds so inspiring!

I once watched on Larry King Live reportin about the tsunami. Then this guy, a teacher in a school claimed that God did some miracle with the boat he was in with his students so they survived.

I loved it when they talk about God on primetime TV!

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remembered correctly, it was True Courage. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home