Saturday, October 22, 2005

Surviving

Surviving - present continuous tense.
"I'm dying!" A statement more often heard than not, though no one really mean it literally.
In contrast to dying, surviving seems to exude optimism.
"I'm surviving." Something that I answered, recently, to people who asked me how I was. Lincoln too asked to be prayed for that he can survive through this period of his life.

On hindsight however, I come to realise that surviving isn't really healthy. It is the bare minimum of being a living thing. If you are not surviving, you are dying.
I don't want to just survive, I want to live.
The difference? Living involves a higher level of life, one with purpose and meaning.

I don't want to be just a surviving Christian, but one that is really living, full of zeal and vigor. Help me father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home