Thursday, November 24, 2005

1e5 chalet

I went to drop by my ex-students' chalet on tues night. It was really interesting. The last time I had been to a chalet was like last year, and it wasn't really that successful. Going to a chalet as a ex-teacher, really feels different. For starters, the parents who booked the chalet were pretty shock that I was their teacher. To a certain extent, there was an atmosphere of awkwardness. Some still called me Mr Chan, while others prefer to call me Nicholas, I'm fine with both. But the ice soon broke when I introduced some interesting games like "PIGGY" to them. Had a night walk, in which I offered to bring them to see the red house. However it didn't went through as many of them were afraid.
This question always appears: "Aren't you afraid of ghosts?" My answer is no.
Then next question: "You don't believe?" I wanted to answer: "I don't, but I believe in spirits." But on a second thought, it's the same to them, and at their level it's hard to explain, so I just answered "yes".
"Why not?" ensued.
Ans: "Because I believe God is with me and He is more powerful. I don't have to fear."

I slept a meagre 2 hours there and went back to camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home