Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Hearing & Understanding

It's amazing how somethings that we hear, over and over again, never hit us until one fine day.
Like what matthew 13:14b says "You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
Truly without the Holy Spirit to strike the chord in our hearts, we can be receiving forever but never really digesting.
For me one example is the importance of God's word. Yes, we always hear about how important the bible is in our lives, the manual for Christian living, etc. I do read it during devotional time and service, but other than that, rarely do I flip through the bible, except to check out a certain Word of Knowledge when the Holy Spirit prompts me.
Only recently has it striked me that I really need to go back to the Word on every thought and decision that I make. Is it biblical or is it just what I think? I want to be someone who really loves and desires the Word, that it will be the ultimate authority of my life.

Pray that the Holy Spirit will help you understand and perceive the things you have received & will be receiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home