Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Do you value God's Word?

Father, You know that I tend to read the newspapers more religiously than your word. I resolve today to give priority to your Word, the Bible. Thanks Holy Spirit for telling me of this today.

It is true that I spend more time reading newspapers everyday than I do with the bible. I do not know why, but reading the newspapers sort of has become a responsibility to me. Perhaps because I feel the need to keep myself updated & gain knowledge to prevent my mind from degenerating in the SAF.
Today the Holy Spirit made me realise how silly I am to follow the newspapers more religiously than the bible. I'm not saying that reading newspapers is wrong or that I won't read them anymore. However, what is the fleeting knowledge of the today's world compared to the eternal Word of God? The Word of God has shown its relevance through ages & centuries. The knowledge that the Bible possess, far surpasses that of the any newspapers. No doubt at times the bible may be hard to understand & fathom. Yet the bible is applicable arcoss culture, time & space.
Qn: Want to gain knowledge that is relevant in all circumstances?
Ans: Read & study the Bible.

Holy Spirit give me greater insight into the bible and more of your rhema word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home