Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Prayer

There are many books published about Prayer in the market. I have glance through a few books, but I have yet to even finish reading one of them.
I can read those books & understand all about prayer, but if I do not pray what is the use?

For me, setting aside time to pray is contrary to my choleric nature. Honestly, I do not really like to pray. I would rather use the time to do something more visibly productive like reading a Christian book or going through teachings.

Yet, recently as I prayed more, I gain some insights about prayer. I've reach some resolutions about prayer:

1) Prayer doesn't always have to be done with our eyes closed and hands together. Prayer is talking to God, I can do it any time, anywhere and in any situation.
2) I don't want to just say prayer because I am told to or supposed to.
3) Prayer is not about the flowery language and bombastic words that one uses, but about the level of Faith that one prays with.
3) I want to be passionate about prayer, and that means praying for the things that really matter to me. Then I will be serious about prayer and not just praying for the sake of praying.
4) I want to pray with a child-like faith, claiming it and believing it in my heart that God hears and will provide it according to His will. My Daddy always listens and He will give what is best for me.
5) Be persistant about prayer, God works in His divine timing.
6) There will be times when I don't feel like praying and don't feel passionate about it. Still, I will pray, not because I am supposed to, but because I have to! I will pray for God to renew my spirit & lift me up.

1 John 5:14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

Some of you will ask, how do we know if the things we want to ask for are according to his will? (Things that are not sinful, but not exactly spiritual either. That's my definition of non-spiritual.)
Well, if it really matters enough to you, PRAY! You'll know that it's according to God's will if He gives it to you. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home